Support Center Home
Open a New Ticket
Check Ticket Status
Frequently Asked Question
iPhone - iPad
iPhone - iPGMail import keys
Last Updated 9 years ago
is a mobile app for iPhone/iPad:
for information on iPGMail's homepage on how to transfer your keys to your iPhone.
If you have choosen to send your keys to yourself through an unencrypted email, please follow the guide from here, otherwise if you have chosen to transfer them through iTunes, please scroll down.
1. First go to Settings
2. Then go to Personal Information / Keys and Passwords
3. Scroll down to Public Key and choose either Save PubKey or manually copy your Public Key.
4. Scroll down to Private keys and choose "Show keys"
5. Enter your Countermail-password to see both your IMAP-key and your Encrypted Private key
6. Choose Save PrivKey to download your private key
7. Now send an UNENCRYPTED email to yourself with both your public and private key attached.
Open up your email with the keys and it should look something like this.
Now click on the private key
8. Choose Open in iPGMail
9. Enter your Countermail-Password and choose OK
10. Now it should say Keys imported, choose Dismiss
11. Now it should look something like this
12. Now go back to your email and choose the public key
13. Choose Open in iPGMail
14. Now it should look something like this, now go to Files again to choose your private key.
15. This is if you have chosen to transfer your keys through iTunes instead of mailing them to yourself.
Go to Files
16. Choose the public key you want to import.
17. Choose Decode
18. Choose Done
19. Now it should look something like this, now go to Files again to choose your private key.
20. Choose your private key
21. Choose Decode
22. Enter your Countermail-Password and choose OK
23. Now it should say Keys imported, choose Dismiss
24. Now it should look something like this
Copyright © 2023 Countermail - All rights reserved.
Helpdesk software - powered by osTicket
Please wait... it will take a second!